Sign in to follow this  

Canceled!!!

Before I file a complaint with the FAA, I thought I come over here for some advice from the pros (you guys). Anyway.... during the last two flights, one using the default 737-400 and the last one this morning, using 737-300PIC, I had the controller tell me to "expedite" my descent "to one-one-zero hundred," but I was already there (11,000 feet). This morning, I had almost made it to Newark International from ATL when by the 3rd or 4th time they had requested me to one-one-zero, the controller came over the radio and said my IFR clearance had been canceled. Anyone else had that kind of problem and/or anyone know what to do about it? The flight was going great until that happened...Thanks,Robb

Guest DanWalloch

When at FL18 and above your altimeter needs to be set to 29.92 (standard). And when decending out of FL18 you need to set your altimeter for the currect altimeter setting. By leaving it on 29.92 you were probably higher than what atc wanted to you be at. Your altimeter was showing 11,000 but your planes was really slightly higher. Thats my professional opinon.

I had the same kind of problem on my last three flights. ATC cancelled my IFP flight plan even though I was at my assigned altitude.It is pissing me off. I hope someone has a solution.

Well, if what you're saying is accurate, than "one one hundred" is 1100 feet! not 11000 feet!!!! THAT would have been "one one thousand" or "Flight level one one zero". So, you were cancelled IFR because you were at 11000 feet instead of 1100! Also, make sure you have the local altimeter setting at all times by pressing B (it automatically tunes the altimeter), and make sure you have 29.92 above 18000 feet.

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

I typically fly below FL180 and with ActiveWXRe running. When ActiveWXRe updates the "local" altimeter setting the result of my flying into a different locale, I sometimes get the nasty ATC " ...you are 300 above (below) your assigned altitude" with the above mentioned directive to fly right or fly VFR!My solution is to have ActiveWXRe running on the second monitor and scan it's Metar window for a change. If I quickly enter the new altimeter setting and my aircraft can quickly climb (descend) to the new effective altitude, I can usually avoid the controller's ire.Larry JonesFlorence, MT

Thanks for the altimeter information! That was probably what was going on there then...

I believe one-one-zero-hundred is 11,000 feet. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong.ThxRobb

Guest Moghdad

It's one of 2K2's annoying little quirks. Maybe a call to the FAA would be in order, followed by criminal sanctions against the controller. Can you imagine a real-world controller terminating radar services for a passenger jet, let alone in instument conditions, without warning, and without inquiring as to the nature of the problem?

Can the MSFS ATC garbage and go and download SquawkBox from the Avsim library and then head to Roger Wilco and download a voice kit then head to Vatsim and sign up with them and start talking to a real person in a virtual control enviorment.....YOULL NEVER GO BACK.

I've never been told to decend to 1,100, and I also have never heard anyone say One One Zero Hundred before ever. I would assume, One One Zero Hundred is 1,100 feet and not 11,000. 11,000 is One One Thousand, 10,000 is One Zero Thousand. Thousand is 3 zeros "000" and hundred, obviously "00"It's just another one of those peculiar MSFS ATC things. Its a lot easier to say One Thousand than a tongue twisting One One Zero Thousand.Althought, you could be right though because they add in a zero so it would be verbally One One Zero so 110 then and two more zeros for a hundred and you have 11,000. Anyways MSFS ATC is no where near being dead on, as we all know.I also suggest flying on VATSIM, it is well worth the time getting set up. And it only takes forever to figure things out the first couple times. Good luck to anyone who tries it out!Paul MeyerMorris C09

You are correct- 11,000 is One One Thousand.... oopps, maybe that's why he canceled my flight plan. I don't basic flying 101... I'm still learning...Thanks,Robb

Guest Captain Barfbag

Some aircraft panels allow you to set the altimeter directly, but many do not. When flying with FSMeteo, I get updates from ATC and use the B key for barometric pressure setting, but that's all the control I've got. I haven't looked around too much, though. Can it be set from the Aircraft menu or someplace? I did see some reference in the FSUIPC setup - is that the way to do it?My solution is to treat ATC just like my wife - I say "Yes, dear" and climb or descend 300 feet. After that, I keep my flight plan but every time I handoff to another controller I say "out of FL193 for FL190." I can live with that, though.

Cpt BarfBag :-)You are right. In FSUIPC there's a tab called "Hot Keys". On that tab you can set the key assignment for standard pressure i.e 1013hPa or 29.92 inches. I have assigned that function to Shift+B.Hope it helps