Sign in to follow this  
Guest lbb

Decel characteristics

Guest lbb

Hi guys,Yesterday I decided to try and recreate my one and only real world Concorde flight on BA002. It sure was nice being in the captain's seat this time :-)Anyway, using the book From the Flightdeck 5 Concorde I tried to copy the exact procedure for the deceleration: ALT HOLD, throttles to 18 degrees, at 350 IAS to IAS HOLD (pitch, not AT) and throttles back to 32 degrees at M1.5. However, rather than being subsonic 55NM before MAR(t)IN it took me all the way to that waypoint.Also I distinctly recall an obvious pitch down on descent on the real deal which I missed on the PSS one.Since the current FDE's fuel flow is somewhat low I thought that perhaps the drag should be increased a bit, leading to both a shorter decel including pitch down, and overall a higher fuel flow.This probably only shows my utter ignorance in this matter :-) but I thought I'd try anyway.Leo Bakker

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.