Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

Concorde Autopilot&Trim issue

Hi,because any post at the PSS forum needs some time to get released, if ever, I seek here for help by other customers.I have managed to start the engines, that was tought. The manuals are huge, much more to read than the manuals of any other PSS releases.But when I am airborn, I push the right buttons of the autopilot --- end nothing happens but autothrottle works. Nothing else works. When I drive the trim manualy, the concorde is very very sensitiv with that and pitches a lot.I never piloted a concorde myself... So I dont know why the trim is so jumpy. But could someone tell me how to activate the autopilot, so that HDG select, altitude capture etc. works?

Well, yes I am trying it out. I have printed it in total and try to set all according these ckecks in the tutorial. But english is not my native tongue... I have some problems in identifying the buttons and switshes at the panels. This is even more complex than the RfP B747-200!If you could provide such a support... please translate the manuals into German, Spain and French, because it is so complex.

Please John, could you provide me with some more help here?What must be activated in order to have a working Autopilot?Why is the vertical trim so sensitive?

Guest Phoenix_7

I find it smooth as glassat take offpress shift+F4 for reheatpress F4 for full thrustrotate at VR speedpitch up to 13 degat 500' set reheat off13 deg will give about 250 ktsset speed select to 250set altitude select to 5000'press AP1pitch hold is selectedset AT1set IAS ACQset ALT ACQthis will get you to 5000' and speed of 250If you want I can try and do a simple quick flight pattern flight around Toronto?? John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/conc2004.jpg

Thank you John,It is not about a tutorial about takeoff and climb. So far I think I know how to takeoff.It is that the autopilot doesnt work when I activate it. Somehow I must have missed some settings at the overhead or engineer panel.By-the-way I learned that the fuel tanks are unsymetrical in capacity. Left and right tanks are not the same. Is this on purpose?

Ok John, thank you a lot. Now after some tries, I managed to fly this bird nicely. Just some minor problems with fuel - as you can read what I just tried to post here....Please dont delete any messages in which are none flaming words. If there is minor constructive critism, that should be no problem for you.This Concorde release of you guys from PSS, is the best and most best aircraft and I cannot find any real bugs at all!Every other release in the past had there problems and bugs, have them still. But I see none with the concorde! Here you have learned realy good how to design and produce such a simulation!Thank you realy a lot indeed!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.