Sign in to follow this  
mp1963

Dash 8 Liveries (or the lack of)

I bought the download version of the Dash 8 for FS2002. It came with two liveries. I would now like a British Airways livery and, after consulting with a colleague at British Airways Virtual who has the same desire, discovered that he was told he could download liveries from the PSS website (once you have logged in of course). Needlesss to say there are no liveries for download, or if there are they are not visible to me or my colleague. Surely PSS do not expect us to buy the aircraft AGAIN just to enable us to get the livery we would like.. especially as we paid far more than its on sale for now in the first place.. I look forward to a sensible resolution to this problem. Many thanks.Marek Paul

Guest NormanB

The information your friend was given is correct.The link you require is http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/default.asp?pss=searchEnter "British Airways Dash" and click search.There is no need to buy the full aircraft - that link is specifically to the British Airways livery for the Dash 8.PSS have never required our customers to pay twice, nor do we charge a redownload fee for any item you may have purchased from us in the past.I am sure you will find this a sensible resolution.

Guest chrisnorris

I think we meant free ones! I don't want to pay for liveries really I would rather spend my hard earned pennies on the aircraft themselves.Anyway the ones I found using your search method are BA 'old style' and the other AFAIK is being phased out.Plus if the liveries are available why don't you just put them along with the others on the main Dash page? If your customers cannot find them easily then you may be losing sales, no?I'm not complaining this should be taken as constructive.I'm working on a Union Flag version and I'll upload to user edits once I get the hang of that dang 32-bit graphic format MS use.RegardsChris

Guest Phoenix_7

the following is from the Phoenix site,,PSS allows repaints of all of its products under the following conditions:-* No repaints of a livery which PSS has already created and offers for sale.you can find a Dash 8 Union Flag on the sales pgseveral other free liveries can be found on the User Edits pageJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest chrisnorris

Oh OK then fair point.Chris

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.