Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lukas Mako

PSS Dash Airway crash

Guest Lukas Mako

Hi,I have the folowing problem:When entering a special waypoint then via the LIST button selecting an airway to another waypointmm aand then again when pushing LIST button on the FMS the FS9 crashes.--------------------AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName: pss-dash8q.gauModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 0004abd0--------------------Now I tested the same procedure with other PSS aircrafts on the same database and there was no problem. I also tried the backup Database and it did not helped.Somehow this problem only occurs at some higher airways. No if I make a route with low FL at http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ there is no crash. But at the high FL flightplans there is sometimes one at a certain airway.I tested LIRN-LOWW an go flowing result:SID PNZ UM726 GITOD UL865 GRZ the FS crashed here after pushing LIST at point GITODDELER M742 SOR L982 PES L5 SPL M725 ZAG L604 GOLVA L156 GBGthis FP made no problemsI also tested LFSB-LOWW:ELBEG Y715 .... KUDES UN871 TULSI her the FS crashed after pushing LIST at TULSINow what I want to know is if this is or was ever a known issue. As I latly set up my FS and some of the files only copied onto the new PC, it might be outdated as I do not know for how long it rested on my old PC and I did not really fly the Dash before.

Guest Amsterdam

I have exactly the same problem. Is there a solution yet?

Hi,This is a very old and well-known bug. The only way to avoid it is to enter all the waypoints manually. Don't use the list function for airways. If you use the search function in the forum you will find, that PSS won't bring a patch although all customers, who paid for the plane, have this problem. It's a really nice aircraft and I can't understand, why they don't fix it.Sorry - no good news.

Guest Scanno

Well my problem with the DASH-8 crashing was not an airway problem but a Flight Plan issue and it only happened at certain airfields.I would locate the a/c at YSSY, load a preplanned flight plan to YSCB, select Menu then Departures and it would lock FS down at that point.I had recently installed Airac 0704 and after much trouble shooting I took the view that there was something wrong with the Airac 0704 data for YSSY and also YSCB.I went back to Airac 0703 and problem is solved. I put it down to some corrupt data within 0704 that caused the problem.This could well be the case with the posts above where they were having problems with the Airways. As a suggestion roll back to 0703 or ealier and see if you still have the lockup.Terry Scanlan

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.