Sign in to follow this  
Guest KenG

Some IFR Questions

1.I'm looking for information about holding paterns, How to enter them and how to make them with single engine airplane and simple instruments. Is anyone know where can i find this info? 2. What is the Circle to Land, One of my friend said its a approach profile used more than 30 degrees entery to runway 3. When can we use N1 Button on Autopilot? (767 PIC)Thats it for now :)Regards

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

To give you a primer on flying a hold, read this "How To" over at Flightsim.com: http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/hold2.htmA circle-to-land is when you do not land straight in from the approach. It may be needed because winds favor landing in a particular direction. For example, a week ago I was making an approach into KTMB on ILS9R. However, winds favored landing on RW27R or 27L. After getting the RW in sight, I circled to the south and landed on RW27L (despite asking for 27R which was closer to my destination). Another reason for a circle-to-land is that the approach brings you in on a course that is greater than 30