Sign in to follow this  
Guest petepawn

Oh no..

Guest petepawn

Today afternoon I was still a happy new a330 flyer.. Then I made two (or four) things after which i'm not so happy anymore:1. I found that a330 was flying curiously especially in the take-offs.. Then i read on this forum and found new flightmodels which i installed..2. My flying happens mainly in vatsim and i thought after a couple of off-line flights, that now it's the time for the real thing..I pre-planned, calculated etc. my flightplan better (or at least consuming more time..) than ever before. Three consecutive ( three different routes, a shutdown of my comp between them) vatsim-flight were ending no more than 35 mins after departure ( one lock-up, a "ntdll.dll" and a "g3d.dll").. I was hesitating.. what is wrong now?Then I ( i'm on holiday right now) decided to take my good old pss A319 ( a JustFlight version) from the hangar. And a long flight with a very fluent performance...And I can't imagine that my hardware was so poor.. AMD xp3000+, 1256 Mb 400ddr, 40GB free on HD, Ati9600, ...PetteriFinland

Guest petepawn

OK.. I'm still trying. I made a longer flight in an add-on scenery area today noon.. i was even playing with different views. All went ok. And the big bus was a joy to handle. Then I despite of yesterday's experiences decided to go on-line: a vatsim flight in a def scen area.. again 30 mins and a black screen. And I didn't even play with spotviews etc.. This time it was util.dll that was said to cause the "error"... After this (4th)frustrating try I took again A319 and flew a succesful vatsim flight.Something seems now to be wrong..I use:FS9 with a lot of add-on sceneries (both free- and payware)SB + SBhost.exeSB relayAVCServInfoRegardsPetteri

Guest petepawn

A more pleasant update:I updated my bios and installed new omega-drivers..Yesterday I finally flew a 90 min vatsim-flight without crash...Then I made a second flight ESSA-EHAM.. fs9 crashed already on the runway when preparing for takeoff.. (modulename:unknown)After that I rapidly made a new attempt and everything was ok. In this second attempt I didn't follow the manual's instructions for proper start procedures but instead pressed ctrl+e because I wanted to speed things up. No black screens. :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.