Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

Problem - Any ideas?

Guest PhilC

After running FS2002 Pro without a single problem since it's release, I have suddenly developed this situation...When running FS after an AI or scenery install where the databass and indexes are built, FS seems to never quite finish loading. I select an airport and craft, but only some of the scenery appears. Everything looks sort of normal but there is no animation (props turning, ailerons moving, etc.) and clicking on the 2D panel switches has no effect unless I change views. When I come back to 2D the switch is then flipped.Sometimes deleting the FS2002.cfg files works, sometimes it doesn't. Once I get FS to load properly it seems to be OK until I add more scenery or AI.I know you gurus would like more system info but I just thought I would see if anyone knows where I should start. I will provide more info if needed.

Guest Philip Olson

Any chance that you changed video drivers? I had this exact problem some time ago and drove myself crazy trying to fix it, even did a re-install to no avail, finally after I changed the vid drivers everything was back to normal. You might give it a shot.Good luck!Philip

Guest PhilC

Thanks Philip. No I haven't changed drivers in a while but that was going to be my next step anyway. I'm now using NVidia's 41.09 drivers with the modified 3D 4x.xx driver for my ED glasses. I may just go back to the stable 30.82's.Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Guest BobL

It's a long shot but check your scenery library. If this started after you added scenery it may well be you have something out of order (priority) and it's not stacking right. Rule of thumb here that I use:Mesh/Terrain on the bottom (Lowest Priority)Then Continental Scenery USSE, USGL, etc....Then Default City Sceneries..Honolulu, DC, Miami, etc...Then Add-on City Sceneries (I have one for Las Vegas from somewhere.)Then Add-on airport sceneriesThen Scenery LibrariesThen LandmarksThen the Add-on Scenery Folder with the highest priorityJust in case your not familiar with it, you can view the priority in the View/Scenery Library menu window.Hope this helpsBobL

Guest PhilC

Thanks for all of the help guys but I think I have it fixed although not solved.This is weird so bear with me...I usually shut down all things running in my tray and disable my virus scanner before starting FS2002. This has always been my normal procedure. Tonight I found that if I just disable my scanner and do not shut down any other running applications, FS starts up just fine and seems to run at about the same speed and quality as before. Makes no sense to me but it works everytime. Can't imagine what it could be.