Sign in to follow this  
Guest shaheedan

PSS A330 Cold & dark start up

Guest shaheedan

hi all,my situation is,1. all my panel display off such, ND, PFD, engine/warning display and system display -all off - where is the avionic master switch or how to on it ?2. where i can a sort video on cold and dark start up on PSS A330/340 so that we can learn very fast , coz i didn't find in the checklist on start up start from all conditions - master switch off - after start up - which system switch normally on.

Guest vrandar

There isw no avionics master switch.To start each time with a cold and dark cockpit go to your /FS(/Airbus/Airbus A3XX folder and run the A330 panel configiguration utility application. When it starts, in the top left corner select "start with cold and dark cockpit".To start up:overhead panel (ELEC Section) - BAT 1 ON, BAT 2 ON, APU BAT ON, APU GEN ONoverhead panel (FUEL Section) - Left and Right tanks ON (Airbus SOP is to have pumps for centrre tanks off for takeoff)overhead panel (AIR Section -APU Bleed ONoverhead panel (APU SectionMaster APU SW switch ON, then check lower ECAM that FLAP shows OPEN, then Start ONWatch APU start on Lower ECAM until it shows that APU is AVAIL in green, or wait until Start switch on overhead panel (APU Section) changes to AVAIL in greenpedestal (shift+5Engine start knob IGN/STARTEngine 2 master switch ONwatch Upper EAM until engine is running and stableEngine 1 master switch ONwatch Upper EAM until engine is running and stableEngine start knob NORMThat is the end of the Start sequence. Obviously you will then need to do the remaining after start, taxi and before takeoff checks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.