Sign in to follow this  
Guest carlos_cv29

A319/320/321 paintkit...how to?

Guest carlos_cv29

I've downloaded the A319c paintkit that is in the Support Area. But I've noticed that this "psd" paintkit is diferent from other's that I'm used to manage...my question is: How to put the "psd" paintkit, after painting the aircraft, in order to assume "a319_c_t.bmp" and "wing_t.bmp", since the psd paintkit comes only one file, the "A319-CFM.psd".So, I use to paint my VA livery's aircraft, but this paintkit I don't know how to use it...can somebody help me pls?Thanks!

Guest NormanB

PSD files can be opened with either Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro.Once opened you can add the bits you want and save as a bitmap.

Guest carlos_cv29

Hi!Thanks Norman for u're input!Regards.

Guest simtim

>PSD files can be opened with either Photoshop or Paint Shop>Pro.>>Once opened you can add the bits you want and save as a>bitmap.>Howdy,I've been searching for an answer regarding this topic, and so far have been unsuccessful. I'm not a very experienced aircraft repainter, so please forgive me for my ignorance!I fly for Virtual Frontier Airlines in the PSS A319. I love the airplane, and have been flying it on a regular basis since it came out for FS2002. But, Frontier's logo changed on the fuselage from "The Spirit of the West" to "A Whole Different Animal." But, unfortunately all the Frontier repaints available for PSS still say the old moto. I would love to modify them in order to get the correct visual.I have JASC Paint Shop Pro 7, JASC Paint Shop Pro 9 (trial version), and Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 (trial version) and have had much trouble. What I am trying to do is edit the a319_c_t.bmp file, where the logo exists. But when I save the file, the fuselage portion of the aircraft texture is no longer visible.My attempts included using Paint Shop Pro (in 24-bit mode), and Photoshop (in 32-bit mode) and I get the same results. Since the file is not a PSD, there is only one layer.Any help anyone could give me would be much appreciated!- Tim

Guest simtim

Thanks John,I got the help I needed there, and I am now well on my way to a new repaint!- Tim

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.