Sign in to follow this  
Guest giln

Difference between EXTRA/TIME and EFOB

Guest giln

What are the differences between these two fuel preditions and which is more accurate. What is the use of each. The manuel does not make it clear the differences and what each means.

Guest giln

also, when I fly the a340, the landing weight is calculated by subtracting the amount of fuel I have left in the flight from the takeoff weight. This is inaccurate because it is not subtracting all the fuel I have used and my speed is to high. Why does it do this?

Guest szp

on the older airbus (assume it's the same?) the extra fuel was fuel that wasn't used to meet the flight requirements. so for a US domestic flight, the extra fuel is fuel not required to fly to the destination, alternate (if one is loaded) or the 45 minute reserve. the Extra is the amount of fuel, and the Time is flight (hh:mm) time based on the amount of extra fuel (again, older airbus- this is from an a300-600 fcom.)you would typically consider the extra fuel as being available for enroute holding, for example. therefore, estimated fuel on board over destination is the fuel left to get to the alternate then hold for :45 if necessary; whatever fuel is left beyond that is extra.i'm sure if the newer airbus is different someone will correct this.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.