Sign in to follow this  
Guest giln

BIG A3XX AUTOPILOT PROBLEM ON APPROACH

Guest Niels_C

Hi all,Firstly, it's *not* a PSS bug, and the bug has been identified long ago.It's a bug in *MSFS*!There are some dificiences in MSFS, one of them is the necessity of starting in a default plane, *2D* view, with instruments set properly. (e.g. nav, not GPS).Don't blame PSS for something they don't have any influence on.

Guest pylon101

Guys,After I bought A330 I was in despair and sometimes furious - exactly like you.But I have known PSS for years - because I went through all rounds of discussions on this forum about Dash-8 within last 3 years - and I know from my own experience - I would better rely on myself.This time I was patient. I flew CYYZ-KORD flight for 3 times - and each time I was trying to go into more and more detail. I asked myself: why did he choose this waypoint? why did he engage manual HDG mode at this point? why did he activate approach phase this close to ILS range?So I was trying to check every single action of the flight plan.And you know - it helped. Flight after flight I am doing better.I use AS 5.1, disable FSUICP weather - and land in auto mode. Most times it works.Just landed in Moscow with 30 degrees off line wind - and it held it! -LOC and GS - and landed as it supposed to do.The only thing PSS model can't survive - is a wake turbulence right on the runway (AS 5 option). It lands harsh and breaks the nose wheel.I think this model of 330/340 needs and deserves exploring. And don't expect any fixes!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.