Sign in to follow this  
Guest garymccl

AirbusPro Only 1 engine working

Guest garymccl

Hi - I could do with some help for a recurring problem I am having.Currently, I'm using the A319, but I'm sure it has happened with the A320 before as well, but don't quote me on that! I'm using FS9.1 and XPsp2.This has been a problem for me for a while. I can start the engines after pushback and everything, and everything seems fine, but then I go to taxi, only 1 of the engines responds to F2 or F3, or my joystick's throttle control. It's exactly as though I have hit E+1. However, I have tried hitting E+1+2 (and even E+1+2+3+4!!!), but whatever I do I can't get engine 2 to respond. It seems to be sitting there idle at a different N1 to engine 1 as well.There are times in the past where this has happened, and I have had to restart the whole thing and go through the whole flight setup, and everything has worked out fine. I don't know if this means that it's a 'random' fault, or that I am hitting anything on the keyboard I'm not aware of and stopping the right engine from doing anything but starting up.By the way, if I hit the + on the keypad (as though I was moving the throttle forward for takeoff) - it works fine and the engine responds. It's possible that the engine is working fine, and that there is a problem with the panel I suppose.I'd really appreciate it if you could help. Thanks for your great products, and I'm looking forward to your future work.Gary

Guest bubbaj

Gary,I suffered that problem some time ago. It drove me mad too!I tried various things inclding stripping & reinstalling AirbusPro & finally something sorted it for me. However, it did come back after a while (why, I don't know). It now happens in about 1 flight in 20 for me. I cure it by using FSUIP hot keys. Go to FSUIP in modules & set hotkeys for 'multiple throttle syncronisation' and/or 'resume all engine control'. If you lose control of an engine again, just hit the hot key & it's sorted.Hope this helps,James.BAW403

Guest garymccl

Thanks mate - I'll give it a go.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.