Sign in to follow this  
Guest ermac

Way points

Guest ermac

HiI am having troublw with the nav display i load a msfs 2004 flightplan and nothing appears it is just blank please help also is there anyway I can put the default gps on the airbusThankyou

Guest vrandar

Once you have loaded the FS2004 flightplan what do you get on your F-PLAN page? I ask because that will dictate what is shown in the ND. What happens if you load a flight with all the waypoints and airways directly into the MCDU, does that then show up properly in the F-PLAN page and on the ND?Why on earth would you want to to put the default GPS into your airbus when the MCDU is so good? If you can give a bit more info about what is happening with the MCDU we can sort that out and you will never want to go back to the rotten Microsoft GPS which has no place in an Airbus.

Guest ermac

Well I just create a new flightplan e.g Changi to Hong Kong nothing appears on the mcdu

Guest vrandar

If you just enter the from/to pair it won't enter all the runway info, intermediate waypoints, airways, SIDs and STARs for you. You've got to do a bit of work as well. You could enter it all manually but unless you know the flight plan in detail the chances are you will not get it right or select the correct airways. So I suggest you get hold of a good flight planner like FSBuild from www.fsbuild.com (payware) or use a freeware planner like the one from www.pmfp.com to create your flight plan which can then be imported. My preference is for fsbuild.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.