Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle92395

How far can it go, how long can it last??!!

Ok, after deciding to FINALLY buy a new video card last week,I figured I'd push my good old Geforce 2 MX400 to the limits. I have the Gf2 overclocked about 20% (it locks up if I try too much more), a 2.53Ghz P4 OCd to almost 2.9Ghz, 1Gb PC1066 ram, and a Maxtor 80gb ATA133 drive... If you can't read the screen shot (stupid compression and 125kb rule ;) ), I have EVERYTHING maxed out, resolution set at 1280x1024x16 (32bit kills frames...lol), running Active Camera (the module that makes you sick when you fly) and the Garrish Tree replacement. I managed 23fps... any guesses on how long the Gf2 will last before I start seeing artifacts and other junk??BTW, hopefully my 9700 will be here in a few days... until then, it's the $70 Best Buy special :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've been running a standard GF2/64 (200/333) 20% over at 240/400 since August 2000 with no problems, max on it is 258/416.Kurt M

Shouldn't be a problem if you have sufficient cooling. But you're going to see a HUGE jump in fps with your new card, as your GF2 is a big, big bottleneck. It'll play like a whole new sim. :D

Yeah, I have the 9700 in my other computer, but I refuse to junk up the HD for games... that's my photography rig :). I hate to get rid of this card though... it was $69 at Best Buy and has actually been a good card...