Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullflapsplease

Flying the 330 into the ground after a nose up take off!

Guest fullflapsplease

I have just finished building a new PC and thought I would re-load my 330 package back on and see if there are any improvements?So, it still wants to climb out at 6000/fpm and I have to aim it nose first into the ground to get it to descend on approach finals!Are there any fixes for these issues.I am very disappointed to note that issues as fundamental as these are still not fixed well over a year after the products release.Mark.

Guest Phoenix_7

impossible o comment without knowing your takeoff procedure, loadedit settings, MCDU entries for ZFW and BLOCKalso see the pinned message at the top of the forum for alternate FDE files,John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest fullflapsplease

Hi John,well I've been flying the 320 family for some years now and I am well versed in the procedures pre-take off in order that the aircraft is correctly set up.So, ZFW is amended using the load edit, saved, then in the MCDU I enter that in the ZFW LSK, FW is also set up in the fuel page of FS and then I insert that in the FW of the MCDU LSK.Once all the weather and runway (length etc.) is known I enter this into my take off performance calculator to give my my V speeds and if the temperature isn't too high I select an assumes FLEX temperature as calculated which is entered into the MCDU also apertaining to the correct LSK.For approach, all weather info is inserted into the APPR page of the MCDU and then when the aircraft is under speed, descent and heading select mode I activate the APPR PHASE in the MCDU, once LOC* is est. I maintain a speed of 160 KIAS until 4 DME with a flap config of 2 depending on the head wind speed. When at 4 DME I let the speed become managed so the aircraft slows to it's final approach speed as calculated by the MCDU, now using flap config. 3 I then disengage the A/P at 3.5 DME or so and hand fly the ILS down until 'RETARD' is called and then I obviously 'retard' the thrust levers, and select reverse.As I previously said with all this being the assumed correct SOP's I still have to aim the a/c into the ground for landing and I also have a fighter like climb out after rotation, however this is generally only when using FLEX for T/O.Cheers.Mark.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.