Sign in to follow this  
Guest shannon16g

a330/340 no atc till engine starts

Guest shannon16g

I must be missing something from cold /dark setup because I can't comunicate or hear atc till engines are started. where am I missing something?

Guest merchant

>I must be missing something from cold /dark setup because I>can't comunicate or hear atc till engines are started. where>am I missing something?The radios need electrical power which is not available until APU or engine start.Happens with default planes when starting from cold and dark as well.

Guest milan330

I believe also that you don't need the APU running. If you have Power set to On (change from avail) on the over-head panel, that should do it too (turn on your batteries first, then the power). Just remember, turn the power off before starting the APU./Milan

Guest Falcon307

On the A320s I will have the radios when I start cockpit prep with the APU on line. If I get right to it, I can get our clearance from ATC. Then, during the MCDU setup the radios quit until I get the first engine started. Happens all the time. Maybe every time.Don't know if this is a PSS issue or an FS9 issue, but it's not a big issue.Dave WilkinsFalcon307

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.