Sign in to follow this  
Guest craigmcwilliams

A320 porpoising (or rocking)

Guest craigmcwilliams

Finally being able to fly the A320 without nose diving (FSUIPC weather issues), I am starting to discover other little bits and pieces which I hope can be easily solved.During climb the A320 is porpoising, now I guess that this is due to the aircraft trying to maintain speed and reach it's programmed cruise level, especially when it's heavy? Is the easy way to solve this to drop the set speed manually until the aircraft reaches the desired flight level, or does anyone have any other proper processes?The other little thing I have discovered is the A320, during cruise and leveled off, rocks side to side. I have checked fuel tanks and both are even, engines are identical etc. Does anyone have any ideas what causes this and how best to correct it in future?There are no weather effects which cause these problem as wind and icing have been switched off via FS2004, FSUIPC and ActiveSky.Thanks,Craig.

Guest dt1951

Is your FSUIPC registered? If not, there may be some issues there. As to the porpoising during climb, that may be a weather (wind) issue. If you have the autopilot selected in the MCDU mode then the aircraft is trying to maintain best rate of climb/speed. Have no idea why it rocks side to side for you. I have no issues with that.Dan

Never experienced rocking in the 'bus, but I've seen it in the F1 C421 when I try to climb too steeply at high altitude when very heavy.So check your load and weight figures, you may have entered figures that lead the MCDU to tell the aircraft to climb more steeply and/or to a higher altitude than the real data allows.

Guest craigmcwilliams

Thanks jwenting,I think it is weight related at FL360, (ZFW 56.5 Block 12.5), I have replicated the flight at FL320 and not experienced the same problems, I'll stick to slightly lower altitudes or off load some virtual passengers. :-)Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.