Sign in to follow this  
Guest Musashi

NDB Beacon Approaches

Guest Musashi

Yesterday I was directed by an ATC to fly direct 4nm west of a certain NDB beacon.I have set the NDB frequency and the 2 digit name of the NDB ("NV")on the MCDU and just flt through it and it was wrongAny idea on how to set such insturction to MCDU and execute succesfully?NV/270/4? (being 270 is the west). But NDB beacons do not give and drectional info.Our help is appreciated.CheersMusashi

Guest vrandar

This is odd as you should be able to set a PBD using an NDB. I tested it using GY/270/4 near Gatwick Airport EGKK in the UK and it worked without any problem. Even NV/270/4 which was the example you used came up OK for me. Make sure you are entering this in the same way you would for any other PBD fix: select the previous waypoint/fix in the F-PLAN page of the MCDU, enter the PBD in the scratchpad and then press NEXT WPT at LSK3R. With NV you should get a list of possible "NV"s to choose from (see attached screenshot). Get back to me if this is still causing a problem.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.