Sign in to follow this  
Guest Diguero

Runway is not aligned

Guest Diguero

Hi Guys,When i approaching (not ILS) or departuring, the runway and LNAV path in the ND is not aligned with the real!!!i

Guest vrandar

It could be a problem with the AFCAD file. Have you installed new airport scenery for the affected airports? If so you might not be using the correct AFCAD file.

Guest Falcon307

I am quite sure that you have lost your magnetic variation. This will be a problem all over the world and will be more obvious where the mag variation is high.You have a pretty big problem, Diguero. But it can be fixed. Do not, do not start re-installing FS9 and all your scenery. It's not that bad. But you do have a scenery file that's zapping your mag variation.To verify that mag variation is gone, put your aircraft lined up on the centerline of a runway at an airport with a high mag variation. Check your heading. I'll bet it will be off by the amount and direction of the variation. Save this flight so you can see how you're doing as you press on to the problem.Then, go to the General FS9 Avsim forum and seach for magnetic variation. There are two threads that will give you some info. But those threads never get to a solution. Perhaps because the solution varies.First, pull the files generic.bgl, landmark.bgl and scenery_fs_aso.bgl off your original FS9 DVD and replace what you have now. They are on Disc 3 in CAB 8, and they go in the FS9/Scenery/Generic/Scenery path.Those three were the only files in the path before you started adding scenery. If there are other files there, remove them - backing up. One of those files could be the root of the problem, but it's not likely.In my experience, and I fought this for months, changing those three files may work for a few times into FS9. Then mag variation will disappear again.Second, pull out all of your AFCADs except those that you are using for the current flight. This will also often bring mag variation back for a flight or two. But an AFCAD is not the root of the problem.Third, look for airport scenery that you've installed just before you noticed the problem. It is likely to be scenery originally designed for FS2002. (MS changed the way mag variation works in FS9, so an older scenery file can screw it up.) In my case, it was KCLE by Shehryar Ansari, who does wonderful sceneries, by the way. It was just an incomplete conversion. I also think that ILS "fixes" or new ILSs have a good possibility of being the problem.In sum, screwing with those three MS files and AFCADs will fix it for a few times, I think because they sometimes force FS9 to reload mag variation. But then the culprit regains control until you finally hunt it down.Good luck!Falcon307Dave Wilkins

Guest Diguero

Thnaks Falcon,Tha problems continues, i think that is a problem of navdat od pss, because its just with it..another idea??regardsDiguero

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.