Sign in to follow this  
rigpig

Airbus Stutter

A year or so ago I bought an Airbus bundle from PC World (I think it was) with the A319/320/321 package along with the A330/340. However I never really got round to installing any of the aircraft until I started a 'career' with the Airliner Pilot add-on and decided to switch the default 737-400 for a nice airbus A319.I've got the jets up and running (including installing the jerky pointer patch for FS2004) but have found a really annoying problem that makes the default Boeing look a more attractive option. Sometimes (not always) just as I rotate for take-off a stutter suddenly kicks in, a moments hesitation every couple of seconds particularly noticeable looking through the left cockpit window or during turns. Once the stuttering starts, theres no stopping it, if you press ALT and go to the SELECT AIRCRAFT screen from the drop-down menu the spinning plane stutters as well.If howver you select a different aircraft (say a B737) and then go back to the flight, the stuttering ceases so it must be something to do with the PSS Airbus.I've tried booting my PC with a minimal startup config, i.e. no unecessary background tasks running at all. I've tried turning all the eye candy down and altering the MCDU etc refresh rates to values as high as 10. Still no deal, something still causes the sim to start stuttering. My PC Specs are not high-end by todays standards, but pretty much were when I first bought the Airbusses. They are:Athlon XP3200+1GB RAMGF 5900 128MBSATA 160GB HDDHercules 7.1 Sound CardI'm flummoxed, any ideas anyone???ThanksJeff Davis

Guest dave67
http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg"Always sit at the rear of an aircraft,because they always find the Black Boxes"Hi Jeff,Have you turned down a few things in your FS settings,ie clouds,autogen,scenery complexity etc,down to there minimum.Also have you got the latest drivers for your graphics and sound cards,also disable any antivirus software.I know there was an issue with the airbuses and stutters,when they first came out,as far as i was aware they got ironed out.All i can suggest is when the next time you "rotate", keep climbing to you reach your desired altitude,so to clear the clouds.My Pc struggles sometimes, with framerates as low as 3-4 but when i have cleared the airport and low clouds etc,i am usually upto 25-45 at cruising altitude,this does depend in which area and at what airport,the more scenery the harder it is on the processor.Hope this helpsRegards Dave

Dave,Thanks for the reply. Yes I did try turning down all aspects of the scenery, clouds etc but it didn't make any difference.Its an odd stutter, you expect your PC to struggle when near airports with loads of scenery (Heathrow Pro for example), but this one doesn't seem to be related to the amount of eye candy currently being refreshed. Once it starts, it won't stop even when there vitually nothing of note to display!However, I think I've found a way around it. If I keep at least a bit of ground detail in view as I rotate and then climbout it doesn't stutter. Lose sight of the ground, and next time it comes into view....smoooothhh, jerk, smoooooth, jerk.Go figure!!!Jeff

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.