Sign in to follow this  
Guest pylon101

Empty RAD Nav page - re. A32X & A330/340

Guest pylon101

It happens very often, unfortunately. Complete fligh plan, everything is going smooth. As soon as I get ATIS information or controller instruction I go to arrival page and choose runway for landing.They are all available, with frequencues and GS altitudes.But then I check RAD Nav page - and it is completely empty.Please tell me what I am supposed to do next? I can't fill in the RAD Nav page manually (NOW ALLOWED for any key); manually set ILS frequency on radio stack doesn't make LOC/APR working.I went through all manuals without any answer received.Please advise.Thanks.

Guest vrandar

If there is nothing there at all (which there most definitely should be) have you installed the newest AIRAC data from www.navdata.at? It seems to me that your navigation/airports/runway data must be missing or corrupt.And you should be able to enter data into the RAD NAV page manually. So after getting the latest AIRAC if that still doesn't work I think you'll have to consider re-installing the Airbus.

Guest pylon101

Thanks for the response. It is really weird.2 flights, 2 same A319 of Independent Air, 2 same destinations - KIAD.One flight was from Tampa to Dulles. Upon getting ATIS Info rwy 12 assigned - arrival page - EMPTY RAD NAV page.Another flight from JFK to Dulles. Same rwy 12 assigned - arrival page - RAD NAV page is FULL.I am trying to figure out what might make this difference in 2 identical situations?!I will update AIRAC - thanks for recommendation.But if the issue relates both to A32X and A330/340 (different products, I guess) I will hesitate to re-install.Thanks again.

Guest Niels_C

Could it be that you use a Flightplan made with a previous AIRAC?Then you should update flightplans with a utility available at PSS' site.

Guest pylon101

Actually I prefer an easier way - I make fight plans through FS Navigator and export them.I read manuals again. It is so odd that I can't set ILS frequency manually. Manually set it is supposed to override MDCU frequences.Wooof, trying to figure out the issue.Thanks for your input.

Guest pylon101

John (we have the only John on the forum :-))Can it be possible that flight plan should be prepared at departure airport and include arrival runway (which is not very real) - but to change rwy in MDCU while approaching destination airport, after getting ATIS/controller information?Is is really true that empty RAD NAV page can be filled in manually? In my case all LKs and RKs give "not allowed".I hesitate to re-install modeals as the issue relates to A32X and A330/340.All manuals and tutorial flight plans assume knowing of runway at destination airport. Please give your word.

Guest pylon101

I fully re-installed A32X. Downloaded all files from the beginning.Still same situation: 1)in many airports (last time in EKCH, payware scenery) I get empty RAD NAV page;2) I can't fill in anything manually on RAD NAV page("not allowed");3) Manually set ILS frequency (on radio stack) doesn't make LOC and APR working.Looks like I have been talking to myself....

Guest pylon101

Okay. First flight after re-install was SAS A321 from ESSA to EKCH. Both sceneries are payware with very good AFCADs.Proceeded as said in manuals. Flight plan was created in FS Navigator and exported to FS.Everything was going as it used to be. As soon as I got ATIS information from Kastrup (rwy 30) - I opened MDCU - approach page - rwy 30. All infromation regarding the runway was there: ILS frequency, glideslope altitude.Then I opened RAD NAV - just to check - nothing. Tried to write in anything manually - all Lkeys and Rkeys gave "not allowed".Manually set 108.90 (ILS 30 at EKCH) on the radio stack. But LOC and APR didn't work.By the way, John. I already forgot how to fix flickering pointer - please give reference.Thanks. Nick.

Guest pylon101

No luck so far, John.Tomorrow I will try tutorial flight.What makes me crazy is that navigation equipment works absolutely not as it is supposed to do:- RAD NAV is empty(no matter if flight plan was built to airport or to a particular runway);- manually nothing can be insirted into RAD NAV;- manually set ILS frequency on radio stack doesn't activate LOC/APR.And please remind me how to fix shimmering/flickering pointer, please.I have been working on A32X. But it relates to A330/340.PSS products are addictive. So I feel depressed.Please help!NickMoscowRussia

Guest vrandar

Nick, you really need to confirm that you are starting your FS session with a default Microsoft aircraft - I use the Boeing 737 - and not any of the PSS aircraft. Once that aircraft is loaded then load the PSS Airbus and see what the result is. Although it doesn;'t apply to all PSS Airbus pilots, many problems are being caused by pilots going straight into their FS session with a PSS Airbus.

Guest pylon101

Hi, Rob!Yesterday I started up with Cessana 172. I deleted default B737-400.I will be trying again today. There should be something out there, right? I downloaded and re-installed A32X again. Any Windows' issues are also excluded - as PMDG B737 doesn't have these problems.Feel lost at this point. Thanks for your word of support.NICK

Guest pylon101

Thanks, guys!Default Boeing 737 at startup seems to correct RAD NAV page issue.Made 2 flights: to OMDB and EKCH. Autoland was very smooth.I prefer "cold and dark" but it would be too much to ask.PLEASE REMIND ME HOW TO FIX FLICKERING MOUSE POINTER. I remember there was an easy fix.Thanks again!NICK, an eventually satisfied customer

Guest NormanB

Nick,Be even more satisfied :)Load that default Boeing.Change to the Airbus (remember to be inside the 2d view)Make things cold and dark. Set everything you want to be when you next start FS - for me it's at Gate 10 International, Sydney.Save the situation.If you desire, make it the default flight.Now, next time you start FS you have a cold and dark bus situation (which is based off of a default flight).Now for mouse flicker.Panel.cfg[window08] sectionLook for the line size_mm=1,1change it to readsize_mm=2,2Hope that helps!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.