Sign in to follow this  
Guest RYRvirtual

TOGA problem with FsPassengers

Guest AerLingusFan

Although this is a quite rare occurance, when I have to do a GA for whatever reason, the FsPassengers GA procedure doesn't activate. The reason for this is because in order to do so you must press the TOGA button. But in the case of the PSS A32X panel, you drag the throttle into TOGA mode or use the + key on your numpad but unfortunetly this isn't recognised by FsPassengers. I've also tried the default key assignment of 'Ctrl+Shift+G' but that has no effect with the PSS panel.Should there not be a TOGA button or is what has been simulated with the panel what is the case in real life, i.e. the throttle itself is put into TOGA mode manually?I would appreciate any help on this issue.Cheers,James

Guest vrandar

In the real world version of the Airbus yes there is a TOGA button on the sidestick. The method the default Boeing 737 and probably many addons use is to have a button on the pedestal but this is not the case with the PSS Airbus family. I've had a good think about your problem but unless I have missed something blindingly obvious I have not come up with a solution. Apparently there are a number of problems with the current version of FSPassengers not interacting properly with third-party addons and it appears you might have come across one the issues as far as interaction with the PSS A320 is concerned. If it is decided that a new version of the A320 will be the next release (and I have no idea what is next) then I am sure that interaction with a popular package like FSPassengers will be considered. But in the meantime given that PSS are not updating the A320/A340 families I really think this is one for the FSPassengers development team to resolve rather than PSS. I don't use FSPassengers but have seen that you have posted this problem on their forum. I hope another user of FSPassengers comes up with a solution for you.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest AerLingusFan

Thanks for the reply! I would hope that eventually PSS would update their A320 addon as the A320 is a very nice plane to fly but the current A320 product is very outdated. I currently have the iFDG A320 merged with the PSS A320 panel as I don't like the PSS model at all. The merge which works fine apart from this TOGA button problem. But as this is my favourite aircraft to fly I would like an addon developer to make a new A320 product, preferably PSS, as theres is a dire need of a new Airbus addon atm and I'm sure if an A320 addon were to be made with equal quality to that of the new 777 then it'd be a best-seller.

Guest AerLingusFan

Rob can I just ask what do you use for fuel planning with your merge? I have found that the default PSS A32X fuel planner gives me fuel calculations way over what my maximum fuel load is but I'm unable to correct this to match my aircraft.cfg .Cheers,James

Guest vrandar

Sorry but we don't provide support for the merge at all. But as a comment the default PSS fuel planner will not work unless you are using a pure PSS aircraft.I have my own spreadsheet for fuel planning with the A319, A320 and A321. If you email me I will send it. It still requires you to load your fuel manually into FS though.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.