Sign in to follow this  
Dal 1

Block Settings

HI All, Ok what are the block settings all about. I am aware they have something to do with the fuel but thats as far as my awareness goes. How to get a figure each time i fly to put in?Help pls.Dal.

Guest NormanB

Dal,Look at the upper ecamSee the fuel figure? Say its 45,600 then enter 45.6

Guest vrandar

The Block Fuel is the fuel you need to get from off the block at your departure to on the block at your destination. It needs to include:- trip distance- planned flight level- zero fuel weight- taxi time- APU fuel- distance to alternate- holding fuel- contingency fuel- final reserve- adjustment for wind speed- adjustment for headwind or tailwind- adjustment for aircraft type- adjustment for total air temperatureIf you are using metric (altitude in feet) in your settings->international menu option within FS then the result is enterd in tonnes, for example 5.6. If you are in USA then it would be in pounds.You can calculate the block fuel using the fuel planner that comes with the PSS Airbus. Alternatively if you go to the Airbus hangar at speedbirdonline in my address below I have uploaded an excel spreadsheet (I haven't uploaded a pounds version yet).Irrespective of the legal minimum reserve fuel on board on landing, I usually plan on having between 2 and 3 tonnes on board when I shutdown at the stand.I hope this helps.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.