Sign in to follow this  
Guest matchouz

ZFW in the MCDU

Guest matchouz

Hello again... i've posted a couple of questions lately, as i am trying to discover PSS... I have this question about the MCDU this time... I'm trying to load the proper figures for the ZFW. I used the payload editor (metric) which gave me a value of 69267 KG... I try to type in 69.3 on the MCDU, and i have "ENTRY OUT OF RANGE" in response... Thus, i try several values, and the MCDU will accept 77.0 as the lowest... What could this be due to? Is this acceptable? Shouldn't i use exact payload values in order for the engines to run proportionately to the needs? Thanks for the help...CheersMat

Guest sk3298

My guess is that your sim is using the US system for measurements, which means the MCDU is expecting ZFW in lbs and not kgs. To solve the problem simply calculate ZFW in lbs instead of kgs, or change the measurement system to metric (altimeter in feet) under settings -> international in your flight simulator, and continue to use kgs. / Robert

Guest carrisi

ZFW is zero fuel weightI dunno which aircraft you are doing it on, but max ZFW is:A319 57TA320 64.5TA321 70.5TRecheck your load editor value is not in pink (overweight)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.