Sign in to follow this  
Guest matchouz

LIGTHS + V/S

Guest matchouz

Hello everyone... I have two questions about the PSS airbus.1) I have a problem with my airplanes showing any lights, from the outisde. That is, you do not see any beacon, wing, strobe light, and most annoyingly, there is no taxi light whenever i turn it on and taxi from the cokpit. Whyyy???2) This is the first time it has happened to me, but shortly after take-off, right when the airplane took some speed, it started climbing at a comfortable V/S of 1800. But at around 1500 ft, when i retarded to the CL gate, the speed dropped to 180 and lower, which forced me to reduce VS to 300. I set all my values prior to take off, that is the ZFW and FUEL weight. What have i done wrong?All right... thanks for all the help chaps.CheersMat

Guest sk3298

Hello MatI dont know anything about your first question, but I will give you a hand on the second.When you retard from FLEX or TOGA to CL (climb) a reduction of thrust is made. In order to maintain speed (and avoid stall) you are forced to reduce the vertical speed, V/S. This is perfectly normal. At this point you usually want to accelerate as well, which gives you a second reason to level off a bit, so the aircraft can catch up the speed needed for a as effective climb as possible.If you are in managed mode the autopilot will do all this for you. If you are in selected mode or are flying manually you'll have to do it yourself, which you did (I assume you were not in managed mode, but correct me if I'm wrong)./Rob

Guest matchouz

Rob... thanks alot... I understand what you say. I know the plane would reduce vertical speed to speed up as you gain altitude. But there was something just not normal about how the plane was losing speed at around 1500/2000 ft heigh. Initially, the plane was being flown by the auto-pilot, but i then had to play with the V/S... it's really really weird... Anyway... i had an other problem as i finished the flight, which is still in relation with the auto-land... (i posted the ? on the "AUTOLAND" topic...) Thanks ALOT for the help...Mat

Guest sk3298

Sounds strange. Are you flying a merge of some kind (PSS+iFDG?) or just plain PSS?Did you have right trim and flaps settings?/Rob

Guest yama

Hi,I have no lighting problem but I do have a similar problem with vs and autopilot.As soon as I put autopilot on, the aircraft loses the control ofof vs and it nose dives, eventually crash.I did not have it before while I did have IFDG aircraft, I deleted itper your suggestion but no correction.Any help?Yama

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.