Sign in to follow this  
Guest lvp0412

...as real as it gets, plus a little more real?

Guest lvp0412

Ah, just want to tell you guys that I have a date next weekend with an A319 simulator, the $20 million type, with my brother. He's up for his "sim" time and it's the ONLY time I can get to sit in the jumpseat! Can't do it in real life. We have a motto that I can't ride in his cockpit and he can't ride in my firetruck!I did it last year, at this time, and when they turned to me and put me in the left seat, I felt right at home. Three takeoffs and three landings and not a problem! Thanks PSS for the simulation for the simulation, or something like that??LVP (KCVG)

Guest lvp0412

Wow, not even an "atta boy", "show 'em how it's done", or "sounds like great fun" from you guys? Quiet group...LVP (KCVG)

Guest brianlr

Lucky lad!!!I have sat the the cockpit of Boeing 707, 737, 747 and even a Fokker F28 during landing in Cairns Australia during commercial flight on many occasions (pre 9/11 of course) and wished for the opportunity to try a 'real' simulator like that! I am green with envy!But I agree the PSS simulations are pretty outstanding, certainly good enough to learn a huge amount about operations in the real thing!Cheers,Brian

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.