Sign in to follow this  

Project AI...the auto installers.... they installed but

Hey everybody...I just used two auto-installers that loaded in the Air Canada and the Delta planes, flight plans, etc.....but I don't see any of the planes nor do I hear the Air Canada or Delta call signs.I have the ATC slider at max.Any suggestions?Cheers!Mitch R.

Guest GaryB

Mitch,Find the project ai aircraft and check the configs. There is a line that says sim=xxxxxx and xxxxxx should match the .air file in the same directory. So if you have pai744v2.air you should see sim=pai744v2If this is already ok, suggest you try the projectai help forumCheersGary

I'll check that right now. Thank you, Gary!Cheers!Mitch'er

Gary...all sim=xxxx's are as they should be....so...I dunno......My PLANES folder is peppered with PAI plane folders... Things seem to be there..but just not in the sim..........and....that sucks!:(Mitch

Hi,The same happened to me with the Air Canada package. The cause of the problem was that the package did not install the PAI aircraft's "source files" (aircraft.cfg, .air file, model, texture and sound), but only the specific Air Canada texture files. Actually, the "texture", "model" and "sound" folders were there, but they were empty. I therefore went to the PAI website to download the paintkits for the aircraft I needed and after installing them, ensured that the aircraft.cfg files contained reference to the Air Canada textures (i.e. I pasted the [flightsim.x] sections in the aircraft.cfg).By the way, do not try to install the packages twice or more (as I did the first time), for you will have _lots_ of traffic in the sky!Cheers,Joe

Guest GaryB

Bummer! I can say that the installers worked for me, and the AI trafic is great, so its worth persevering with. Unfortunately I am no expert, so I suggest a visit to the "other" forum (project AI help forumGood LuckGary

I got it working now just fine!It seems that I had the DEMO MYTRAFFIC butting heads with the two packages. Took out the Demo..and Delta and Air Canada did their thing. Really nice...I'm impressed!Mitch R.

Hey Mitch,Another thing to check is, this happened to be a lot under the old installers, check to make all the {FLTSIM.0} are all the way to the left. Some of the old installers added spaces infront, like;--{fltsim.0} The - is a Space(formatting won't leave spaces there :-doh)title=PAI B733 USAsim=pai733v2model=panel=sound=texture=USA{fltsim.0}title=PAI B733 UALsim=pai733v2model=panel=sound=texture=UALSo the next installer coming would ALSO throw the numbering scheme off(instead of getting fltsim.1 it takes .0), so also check to make sure you have .0 .1 .2 etc with NO gaps.Thankfully this is no longer a problem at all with the new installer files, it was a big problem for me under the old installer.I would go thru all your .cfg for PAI and scan to make sure the {fltsim.X} is all the way to the left and make sure there is no gaps in the .X numbers.

I surely will!Thanks for the head's-up.Cheers!Mitch R. :)