Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Christopher_

Electronic Flight Bag

Guest Knikolaes

Hey there, PSS. I have an interesting question for you.The EFB in the VC -- I know it is NOT simulated and is just a static image, however I was wondering about texture mapping -- is the "surface" solid (ergo can I put a gauge there)?I am thinking of investing in the Simflyer Electronic Flight Bag and I am certain that with some proper sizing it would be a GREAT fit to that spot!!! I would absolutely LOVE to give it a try!!!Disclaimer: I know PSS does not give support to modified files -- which is why I am smart enough to back mine up first :-) I am going to add the EFB to my 2D panel no matter what, but wanted to know the possibilities of the VC add, and if it is possible, the coordinates/sizing of such a venture :-)I have read documentation on the gauge and it should in no way have any conflict with the PSS panel at all, as it is only a gauge for displaying charts.Happy Holidays. :-)

Guest Trans_601

Sounds good, I'll be getting it soon also. If you go ahead with it, please post here!!

Guest Midnight LS1

It's prob. just an image file that is in place of the EFB. I don't see a problem putting one over there. I've done putting gauges in other panels before without a problem.If I'd had the time, I'd put a playboy magazine cover image on top of the EFB :D

Guest Knikolaes

Exactly. My question was more to the point of is it "solid". In some VC's, most noticibly an example being POSKY's wonderful 757, the ONLY "solid" parts in the VC are where there are already gauges, so it is NO possible to put any gauges other than where there are already gauges in the AC. The VC "model" has to be "solid" and not just a texture where you want to put the gauge. Which is really a sad thing because if it were possible to just put gauges anywhere in the VC, the POSKY 757 would be SO easy to make into a completely functional and VC flyable bird (hence my extreme anticipation for PSS and LDS versions to be released, and I WILL be getting both :-) )I figured if the panel there is indeed solid and I could get coordinates for it, I would make SO much use out of the Simflyer EFB.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.