Sign in to follow this  

What's with the Sharemation password on topic 16886?

This morning, on my home computer, I clicked the thread "Action in support of Richard Harvey" and was presented with a box asking for a username and password for Sharemation.com. I thought it an anomaly, updated my antivirus, and hoped I hadn't gotten a worm or worse. I've read that thread a number of times as I use it for easy access to the UD AVSIM page (I copy and send the link in emails, it's easier to get to than from the UD program).So this afternoon, I am at my work computer... click on that thread... and I'm asked for my username and password to log on to sharemation.com again. Go back to 'conferences', then back to 'action in support of Richard Harvey' and it's there again. What's up with this?Been monitoring AVSIM's home page with United Devices and we've finally broken the 400 member hurdle, although the team is still #58 for number of members. C'mon flightsimmers... we've all got powerful computers that will handle FS2K2 and could help this cancer project a lot. Now there's another project starting: cure for smallpox. This program doesn't slow your computer down at all, and helps our world. Only 7 members have "retired" out of over 400.

This is due to someone linking a picture or a signature to a password protected site.... In this case, it looks like the culprit is RiddlePilot's siggy at the end of his post. If one tries to open the siggy, the Sharemation.com password prompt comes up. Since viewing a thread opens the associated signatures, the password prompt will come up. Just click cancel--'tis not a virus or anything to be worried about.Regards, -John

Guest Brent Hebert

Disregard. I tried to clear the cache and it worked once, but the problem is still there. The mods need to go in and edit the post, deleting the sig.Brent Hebert

Guest RiddlePilot

oops, sorry about that, I took my signature file off of sharemation a while back when they were having problems with their servers, and just now put it back on my account there and just forgot to reset the sharing options. its fixed now...and sorry for the scare.

Glad you got it worked out, Travis, as I was about to meet your signature with swift action when I saw this. :-)