Sign in to follow this  

ALT-TAB problems

When I use alt-tab to say set up weather maker, when I alt-tab back to FS whatever screen was there previous has now become permanent. That is to say the sim is still running, planes still flying but I've got a frozen picture of the last view I was using before alt-tabbing out. Only solution seems to be to shutdown FS and restart it - a right royal pain. Makes using external programs next to impossible, coz you can't go out to them, tweak a setting or two and return to the sim. Any ideas what's going on and how to fix it?Duke

Guest SD Sim

Hi Duke,I have some display problems of my own that started when I installed XP service pack 1. I don't know if you run XP, so I can't say if the problem is related. When I first installed XP SP1, I couldn't even use the tab key to pull down the main menu. This was back in the days of 30 series of display drivers. Once I upgraded to 40.72 (after learning on this forum that the switch would fix the problem), the alt key function for menus was restored. I'm currently running 41.09, but still having display issues. The worst problem I encounter is when accessing an external program on a second monitor when the sim is in full screen mode. This causes the FS2K2 window to collapse, and when I bring it back up the top part of my screen is distorted (looks somewhat like snow on a TV screen). I found a workaround for this problem is to switch to window mode and then back to full screen. This usually works, but occassionally I will get severe screen anomalies with certain aircraft, forcing me to exit and restart FS2K2.As I said above, all of this started with the XP SP1 upgrade, and I fear it may take quite some time before this gets resolved. But if anyone else has seen this and knows a fix, by all means let me know.

Hy!It seems this a bug in the nvidia-drivers. As I wrote above I have similar problems, i.e. FS2k2 going to a complete black screen, but I

I'll certainly give this a try and hope that it works. Thanks for responding all!Cheers,Duke