Sign in to follow this  
Guest saudi_777

Dear PSS, about the 777-200LR model

Guest saudi_777

Dear PSS,I have a couple of requests regarding the 777-200LR model (not its FDE):1- Can you please make an optional model of the 777-200LR without the raked wing tips, and with 777-200ER style wing tips instead? The concept is exactly like the optional 747-400D model for the PMDG 747-400. PMDG made an optional 747-400D model for their 747-400, in which they didn't change anything in the 747-400's FDE: they just made the optional 747-400D model by removing the winglets from the default 747-400 model. PSS could follow this concept in the 777-200LR by removing the raked wing tips from the 777-200LR and replacing them with standard 777-200ER wing tips and wing tip lights, and thus you would provide this optional 777-200ER model without making any changes to the 777-200LR FDE, making the user fly the 777-200ER model with the 777-200LR FDE. This is my most important request.2- Including the 777-200ER optional model, you would include the following model options in all of your 777 models: VC plus wing view model, and a wing view-only model.3- As an addition to the models of the 777-200ER, please try to include the standby gauges that are standard in most 777-200ERs in operation around the world, which are the three standby gauges instead of the 777-200LR's single combined standby gauge. This applies to the 2D and VC panels of the 777-200ER model.Regards,

I highly doubt that any of the above will happen.1. PSS didn't design a 777-200ER and said they wouldn't.2. You will never get a Wing view option with PSS, more polgons = less frames and frame rates are all important. I personally don't like these.3. Again they didn't design a 200ER, plus it would take quite a bit of re-coding in the guage file.Cheers

Guest saudi_777

Well, thanks for the reply Iain, but I'd sure love to see Graham Waterfield's input about my requests.... I would at least love to see an alternative model of the 777-200LR with 777-200ER wing-tips, without any changes to the panel or FDE. Just a model edit, plain and simple.Regards,

Guest Phoenix5

Iain's answers are correct.The 200ER has not and will not be modelled for this package. There will be no wing views.

Guest Phoenix 1

To clarify the situation .. PSS decided to create the "Latest" versions of the 777 for two reasons1) they are the "Latest" versions ;) 2) We had already created the earlier ones in our previous releaseregarding WING VIEWS ... I'm afraid this is highly unlikeley in any current or future PSS release as our policy is to concentrate on systems and realism for sim "Pilots" rather than detract from this and have lower frame rates by introducing features seen only by the "Passengers"

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.