Sign in to follow this  
Guest ishfaq

autopilot will not engage when loading saved flight.

Guest ishfaq

I have a problem with the autopilot on the pss 777. When loading a saved flight, the autopilot will not engage. The rest of the data from the flight (eg route, altitude, fuel, time etc) all loads correctly, but the autopilot will not engage. If I try turning on the FD, it turns on for a brief moment, the green light under the swich illuminates, but then it goes off. Sometimes the autopilot will engage (when loading). About half the time it does engage, half the time it does not. It is hit and miss. I find it difficult to fly long haul flights all in one go. Sometimes, I do the flight in several portions. If the autopilot does not engage, then the flight has been a waste of time as I am unable to complete it.Can someone please offer me a solution to this problem. I have tried searching on this forum but have been unable to find a solution.Thanks in advance for your help.

Guest NormanB

Hi,Welcome to the AVSIM forums - please dont forget to sign your posts - it makes it much less formal.When you first start FS are you loading the default flight? This ensures that things are at a known state.Once started like this you should be able to save that flight with no problems at all. When you wish to continue the flight (or at least what I do) is to load the default flight and then from the flights menu load the flight you wish to continue.It has never failed me this way.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.