Sign in to follow this  

FlightFX/SGA MD80 issues....

I'm not an MD-80 expert, but I would like to ask a few questions about the plane.When I apply left brake pressure, the plane moves as if I was applying the right brake and vice versa.When using the autopilot on a final approach, climbing above FL200 or at high cruise altitude FL290-FL410 the plane rocks side to side, and occasionally up and down. The autopilot does not work very well. The rocking creates and up and down deviation from the selected altitude by about 500-600feet. Every 30 seconds or so it will completely rock up and down.I downloaded this file from FS2002 Original Aircraft:ffxsgamd80sa.zipThe visual model is pretty awesome, I can't complain about it, as this is my first downloaded MD-80 ever for MSFS. I do have FFGs MD-90 which is very nice as well. All the control surfaces on the MD-80 run smoothly, except the engine cowlings when reverse thrust is applied. The Spirit Airlines paintjob is awesome, and it has a great shine, like it had just been washed and waxed.I REALLY like the prest Wing Views on this plane, the control surfaces are functional in these views.I test flew from Milwaukee General Mitchell, to London Gatwick, arely making it, and running out of fuel while taxiing to parking. I flew it from FL410, then took it down to FL370 to see if the rocking would cease. Over the middle of the Atlantic we climbed back to FL410. I did several tests also while climbing. I took some time to get to FL410 starting out with full fuel. I used real world weather.END & UNEDITIEDPaul MeyerMorris C09

First we'll address the braking issue. Open up the aircraft config file and scroll down to the "contact points" section and copy/paste the following;point.0=1.000, 73.000, 0.000, -7.500, 1574.803, 0.000, 1.504, 75.000, 0.539, 2.500, 0.483, 6.500, 6.500, 0.000, 250.0, 280.0point.1=1.000, -3.850, 9.500, -7.900, 1574.803, 2.000, 1.504, 0.000, 0.293, 2.500, 0.655, 6.900, 6.900, 2.000, 250.0, 280.0point.2=1.000, -3.850, -9.500, -7.900, 1574.803, 1.000, 1.504, 0.000, 0.293, 2.500, 0.655, 7.100, 7.100, 3.000, 250.0, 280.0this will fix the braking problem. It was accidently mapped in reverse.Now fo your pitch problem, what panel are you using? It appears that the autopilot gauge is causing the problem with the way it is programmed. If you want to keep the panel you are using, in the same config file, find the flight tuning section and you will find "pitch stability". It is set at 1.000. Try increasing the value to 2.000 if the pitching is severe and adjust higher (or lower) until it stabilizes. Also scroll down further to "pitot static" and increase that number to say 999. These 2 parameters will stabilize it more during cruise flight. Your the first person to experience this problem, so it gets narrowed down to the panel you are using. With the air file and config we supplied in the folder, we are getting stable flight. I myself am using Paul Golding's panel from FS2000 and have 0 problems.Now as far as your test flight, ummm, you don't fly a MD80 nonstop from Milwaukee to London. That just doesn't happen in the real world. Its not designed as a transoceanic airliner. Try Milwaukee to Miami or Los Angeles next time. And flight level 410 is pushing it too. Bring yourself down to say 350-360 depending on fuel level. Your trying to fly this bird like it was a 747.Max range is 2990nm, max alt is FL370 at Mach .80.Experiment with different panels, there are many available in the library and see if you have the same problem before you make any serious changes to the config with the exception of the contact points above to fix the brakes. I think if you switch panels, your problem will be solved. If you do make changes to the config, back up the old one first. And on a final note, thanks for the compliments on the aircraft. mike@sgair.nethttp://www.sgair.net/images/member_name_ba.../mike_small.jpghttp://www.sgair.net/images/member_name_ba..._LOGO_small.jpg

Guest Clement Guivarc h

Hi Mike !This mad dog is awesome ! :7But are you planning to add a 3D cockpit instead of those black cockpit windows ? ../)_/). _ Cl

I know how I was flying it, thats why I called it a test flight. One of a few that I have flown so far with your MD80, and I like it very much, thanks for the brakes fix.Paul MeyerMorris C09