Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bill Kunert

video problem in CFS3?

I decided to give CFS3 another chance and downloaded the patch. I upgraded(?) to DirectX 9 and used the NVidia drivers they recommended. The game is definitely smoother (it wasn't even playable before) but it flashes, with the Windows task bar visible at the bottom of the screen when it flashes. I also can't see the opening movie, which I suspect means there is something wrong with my Direct player or draw or something. I checked the knowledge base and I'm waiting to hear from tech service. In the meantime, anyone here have any suggestions? Thanks!DavidGEForce Ti4600 using 30.82 drivers

Guest Bill Kunert

I have a GT2Ti and have had good luck with the 40.72 drivers. Just one question - are the older 30 series drivers still recommended for the 4000 series cards? I'm currently using the 30.82 only because the newer drivers don offer any advantage for the GT2 cards but were designed for the newer cards. Have you tried CFS3 with, say, the 40.72 or even the newer 42 series? I'm one of the fortunate people who have never had any problems with FS2K2, CFS3, IL2 or any of the new sims. Built my own computer and apparently ended up with all compatible hardware.Good LuckBill