Sign in to follow this  
Guest NormanB

Sound Locations

Guest NormanB

Chris,The sounds you are looking for are hardcoded into the gauge.

Guest Knikolaes

Ah. So no way to adjust the volume? :-( Because even while adjusting the setup sound down, these callouts and warning sounds are always seemingly turned way up on my system, so i have to turn my speakers down to where i can't even hear the airplane and all I hear are the warnings. I rather enjoy the experience during the day, but I am a night owl and even at low speaker volumes, the sounds blare so loudly they wake up my roommates :-(

Guest Knikolaes

So that I can use Windows sound recorder to tone down the louder sounds in the flight deck (some of the callouts and warnings are very loud and cannot be adjusted via the setup gauge), may I ask what the filenames and locations for these files are? They are not in the RR or PW folders in the PSS B757 folder and there are no "PSS" sounds in the main FS sounds folder.I know others have mentioned volume issues before (came up with this using the search function), but no mention or reply was ever made as to what the files were so we could turn them down a bit (or a lot in my case for the sake of sleeping roommates).Many thanks to whomever answers.Chris

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.