Sign in to follow this  
adamant365

Question About FMA

Hello, I have a question about the FMA. For some reason, when I arm the A/T and press EPR to get takeoff thrust, the FMA is only displaying EPR on the far left and FD on the far right. If I'm correct, TO is supposed to be annunciated in the middle two boxes. For me it is not. What do I have to activate to get the FMA to annunciate TO in the pitch and roll boxes? For that matter, the FD doesn't give me the proper pitch cues prior to or during takeoff. I have a good grasp of the systems of this bird due to experience with a certain 767 add-on and for the life of me, I can't figure out how arm the TO mode for this wonderful 757. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..-adam

Thanks for the help. However, I did solve the problem. I guess this teaches me to experiment before asking questions. I did gain other useful knowledge in the process though. By the way, I did have the FD on when I first noticed the problem. What I did find is that if the FD is engaged before IRS alignment is complete, the annunciations during takeoff are: EPR | | | FD. If IRS alignment completes and then the FD is turned on, all works as designed: EPR | TO | TO | FD. If FD is switched on, alignment completes, and then FD is cycled off and on again, TO will appear. Obviously it is tied into alignment. This may actually be a bug because I've also noticed (as have others I'm sure) that the autobrake system won't be available until alignment is complete. Kind if a quirky thing, but it really doesn't detract from the overal experience, which is great I might add. I hope this helps someone, and Iain, thanks again for being so speedy with a reply!-adam

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.