Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfoofficer

PSS Paint Kit... again

Guest sfoofficer

I'm sorry for beating an old dead horse here, but I'm really reaching the end of my rope here with the 757 Paint Kit.Following is the link for the post I've put in the Paint Shop Forum. I'm hoping an expert PSS painter could read this and pinpoint what I'm doing wrong.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=1892&mesg_id=(edit - is the above link doesn't work, the post is titled PSS 757 PK... Please Help)One major change. Just now, I tried using a recommended technique of using the Master Copy for creation, then cut and pasting sections directly onto the user generated blank template given to me by another painter. Lastly, I created an alpha channel as DXTBmp was showing all black in the alpha channel window rather than gray prior to saving as an Extended-32 bmp. Dimensions, pixel count, bit rate, color mode, and file size is right on the money with the other PSS-supplied skins. The end result is still a grayed out fuselage.

Guest NormanB

Alexis,Im no painter but the amount of repaints, especially by Bonnie, seem to indicate that the paint kit works.The above link btw doesnt work.

Guest sfoofficer

I guess it's just not meant to be then. I give. Guess I'll stick to painting the Airbuses and 777s, and pray that someone might take an interest in a Clipper liveryBTW - Thanks for personally replying to this, Norman.

Guest bjjones

>I guess it's just not meant to be then. I give. Guess I'll>stick to painting the Airbuses and 777s, and pray that someone>might take an interest in a Clipper livery>>BTW - Thanks for personally replying to this, Norman. Personally, i'd do this, infact I do,- Open 757-200 Master.psd and paint the livery.- Save that as a BMP > 757-200 Master.bmp- Open 757-200 Master.bmp along with PSS-B7524Main_t.bmp- copy and paste the appropriate sections from the master into the seperated file overlaying the blank set that is there by default.- Save PSS-B7523Main_t as a 32bit TGA file > PSS-B7523Main_t.tga- Open PSS-B7523Main_t.tga using imagetool, and then save as a 32bit/DXT3 bmp.

Guest NormanB

Alexis, My reply really had no basis so doesnt deserve a thanks. Try what Ben has suggested. As the guy who made the paint kit I think it is safe to say he knows what he is doing ;)

Guest sfoofficer

Save initially as a tga file, huh? Never tried that route before. I'll give it a go tonight. Thx.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.