Sign in to follow this  
Guest MatthewSchoenberg

777 Aircraft Load Editor - License Key problem

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

Hi,After doing a system restore on my computer to a day earlier the Aircraft Load Editor stopped working. When I try to use it the messeage "License Key Not Found! The Load Editor must be properly installed." comes up.The Fuel Planner works fine but not the Load Editor. I am sure the computer's system restore had something to do with this but I was wondering if there is a fix for this problem short of reinstalling the aircraft from My Files.Many thanks,Matthew

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

I did a search in the forums and found several solutions all of which did not work. I then did a complete re-install and have a different problem.The error message now reads "Could not locate Microsoft Flight simulator 9.0 directory! Unable to import configuration."Please advise on how to correct this.One additional point of interest is that the base installer always used to automatically point to the proper folder for installation. If now asks you where to install the software and of course I point it to Flight Simulator 9. Not sure why this change is now happening?Thank you,Matthew

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

I have a multi-computer set up and have been testing this and believe the issue is related to the fact that FSX has been installed on these computers. On the computers that do not have FSX installed on them and only FS9 this problem does not exist.Another intersting point I noticed with the installation of the PSS base installer as well as the new AIRNAV data is that on the computers that have FSX installed along with FS9 there is a different way the software looks for the paths for installation.With respect to PSS, the path on installation gets picked automatically with the computers with only FS9 and not FSX. With FSX on the computer it can't find the FS9 path and it asks you to pick a path.On the computers that have FSX and FS9 on them when you install the latest AIRNAV data update it actually points to Micrsoft Flight Simulator 2004 directory which obvioulsy does not exist. If you don't change it to Flight Simulator 9 you won't get the update accomplished. It will run but nothing updates. On the computers that have only FS9 installed with no FSX the AIRNAV update directs itself directly to the Flight Simulator 9 folder and does not look for the non-existent Flight Simulator 2004 folder.My guess is these issues have something to do with why the fresh install of the PSS 777 results in the Load Editor coming up with the error "Could not locate Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.0 directory! Unable to import configuration."One final point. I did not notice this while FSX was installed on the computers. I noticed it after I removed FSX in order to reinstall with the SP1 patch.Hopefully PSS support staff can figure this one out.Again, many thanks,Matthew

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

Hi Steve,Worked perfectly!Thank you.Regards,Matthew

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.