Sign in to follow this  

AI traffic callsigns

Guest emergency_pants

Well.. it finally happened, and I knew it would someday... I had to remove my complete FS2002 installation and re-download everything. I gutted my PC and upgraded everything but at the expense of losing alot of files due to a bad backup file transfer (corrupted all my zip files).So.. anyway... to the point :)I never bothered with AI manipulation very much.. just a bit here and there. But one cool feature I had was renamed AI callsigns so they are relative to the coutry they fly from.Can anyone point me in the right direction to processing my current traffic.bgl so that I have better callsigns, not just North American ones?I guess AITM and TTools? Not sure... but that's all I wanna do with the traffic... nothing else. Just change those callsigns.Anyhelpverymuchappreciated!!! :)Well.. back to my super-speedy fresh FS2002 installation... vrooOOOoom!!!!Thanks,SIMonedit: I forgot to point out that my new UK2000 upgrade has ammended my traffic.bgl file (I guess to fit in with changed airport layouts, etc) So I no longer have the default traffic.bgl installed anymore.

Guest emergency_pants

A quick bump, just in case this got missed.Thanks,Simon.

The wonderful UK2000 scenery AI additions still gives you callsigns which come out spoken as 'Golf Minus'. A most frustrating problem for us in the UK as that 'minus' is just a 'dash' sign and is of course 'silent'.I started by removing all of the '-' signs in the AI traffic 'flight plans', using the 'replace' menu in 'MSWord'.Next step was to remove most of the N reg aircraft, as we don't have skies totally filled with them in the UK. So finally I started building my own 'UK English ATC' which is great, but now I have to tackle the FS2k2 ATC programming, that produces so many phrases not used in ATC in the UK.It's an endless game this flight simming isn't it? DaveT