Sign in to follow this  
Guest piperazzurro

Unable to find runways with vfr scotflight by visualfli...

Hi all, I've installed VFR scotflight FSX by Visualflight, (http://visualflight.info/products/scotflight-for-fsx-vol-1/overview/).Afetr running VOXATC INDEXER, I've started a VFR flight from Strathallan (XSTR), Scotland, for Islay (EGPI) or Glenforsa (ULL), but VOXATC UK X says that it did not find any runways for landing at Islay or Glenforsa ecc...Why the INDEXER does not indexes these airports?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,I don't have this addon scenery myself so I did the flights with the default scenery. Strathallan (XSTR)does not exists in MSFS so I went from Islay (EGPI) to Glenforsa (ULL)which gave no problems. Can you perform a flight plan training of these flights? Any errors there? What happens on other airports from Scotflight? Did you try running the indexer once more?This addon scenery looks very nice so I ordered it myself so that I will be able to try it out myself and will post my experiances, i've forwarded your question to the developers,Regards,LionVoxATC Beta tester

Hello Lion,Yes, I did it again after running INDEXER, and it was impossible planning that flight again.I planned and started a flight without any problem from Strathallan to Glasgow and from Strathallan to Glenforsa... Strathallan is problaby installed by visualflight...Thanks for your interesting, and yes, it's a very nice addon, it's only hungry of fps...

Hello,I've installed Scotflight myself with the same results and started investigating with help from the developers. It seems to be that all the runways at Islay (EGPI) in the facilities data for that add-on are either closed or landings are not permitted. The default scenery does not have those settings. A work around is to disable the Scotflight scenery area in FSX, exit FSX and run the VoxATC indexer and then enable the scenery area again. VoxATC will then use the default Islay scenery. The only thing is that Strathallan (XSTR)is not present in the default scenery thus by doing this you will not be able to use VoxATC correctly at Strathallan (no ATC unit present or found) but have no problems at Islay, a choice you'll have to make.Maybe the developers from Scotflight, Visual Flight, can release a patch or so to solve this problem.Regards,LionVoxATC Beta tester

Hello LionThere's another strangeness: if I contact the FIS, also in VOXATC FSX UK, I can find the tiresome Oceanic Center instead of Scottish Information Center...