Sign in to follow this  

PMDG transition altitudes

Can these be set permanently somewhere? I'd guess they're part of the DPs/STARs or related data?

Guest stang

Hi Jeroen. Transition altitude is not part of the SID, STAR or IAP. Page 8-21 of the FMC User's Manual identifies the TRANS ALT line in the PERF INIT page as the place to change the transition altitude.RegardsTerry

Shame. In the PSS busses it's contained somewhere and is correctly set for each airport I've so far encountered by the MCDU.The PMDG 737 seems to think it's 18000ft all over the world just like FS itself.

Guest Zapper

I am not 100% sure but almost so that when you load a SID/STAR from teh database in the 737NG it selects the correct transistion level/altitude. I am flying again Monday and will double check.ATB

Guest Zapper

Hi Ramon,Pretty cruisy one this time.Monday: Up at 0430 for an 0525 sign-on and 0625 departure NZCH-YSSY-NZWN and stay there the night.Tues up at 0500 for an 0700 departure NZWN-YBBN and o/niteWed 1600 sign on for YBBN-NZCH :DThis is about teh best trip we have and some might say "Great!' but after years of black runways and hotel rooms I would rather sleep in my own bed most nights :DDon't get me wrong though. This is by far and away teh best job I have ever had flying. No questions!ATB,

Guest WA

Brad?...as in the Brad who visited the Big Bear meeting in Holland many moons ago?Cheers,Willemf.k.a PaleRider in the Flanker 1.5 days

Guest Zapper

Hoi Willem!Hou gaat het met Ou Meneer?Klein aardrijk eh? :DGroejtes!

Guest WA

So it is you!Je Nederlands is niet slechter geworden:)And indeed as that happy happy song goes...it's a small world!Hope all is well..Cheers,Willem