Sign in to follow this  
Guest ogeva

LDS procedures.

Guest ogeva

Hi Terry,Perhaps you remember me, I once pointed you to a mistake in the DAFIF database regarding LLBG DEENA1 procedures (did not have the SUVAS transition).Anyway, is the LDS file on your site as complete as the PMDG? I notice it's quite small...Is it safe for me to replace the one I have now and use yours instead?http://online.vatsimindicators.net/825051/142.png

Guest stang

Howdy>Anyway, is the LDS file on your site as complete as the PMDG?>I notice it's quite small...I use the same DAFIF data for all the simulators I provide data for. However, each manufacture does things differently when it comes to the procedures. Some do more than others. This forces me to filter the SIDs, STARs and in some cases the IAPs. For example, if the plane does not do procedure turns then I filter out all procedures that include a procedure turn. If the plane can not do conditional waypoints then I have to leave out all procedures that involve conditional waypoints. This accounts for most of the differences in file size and procedures available for any particular aircraft. The data structure also makes a difference in file size. For example, the LDS XML data file is up to 10 times larger for the same procedures of other data files. The XML language adds a lot of "fluff".>Is it safe for me to replace the one I have now and use yours>instead?Not quite that simple. Using mine gets you all the available DAFIF procedures (currently 1718 Airports including 2842 Sids, 1454 STARs and 5692 IAPs) and they are real world current. However, you also have the ability to get other 3rd party procedures for airports that the DAFIF does not include. These are hand made procedures that hopefully are current and accurate. If mine has all the procedures you need than all you have to do is update mine. To get the max available procedures though you have to get mine and add in all the other airports/procedures available at various sites.Make sense?RegardsTerry