Sign in to follow this  
Guest bowingic

Three Questions

Guest bowingic

Hi TerryFirst thanks for your ongoing work....much appreciated.Question 1. If I find a waypoint in the AIRAC that appears to be in the wrong location...who should I query this with...Stefan at Navdata or yourself?Question 2. Are your procedures files (SIDS and STARS) all current with the associated AIRAC files?...updated to reflect the latest changes in SIDs and STARS?Question 3. Is it possible to use any sort of utility to look at an XML file (have in mind the LDS767 xml airport files)and determine which SIDS and STARS are provided? When there was a single procedure file for LDS 767 I used to use Procio to check this for any airport.My particular query with regard Question 1 relates to LDS767...when using 0607 Navdata AIRAC file I find that for example the LIZZI waypoint near YMML seems to be way out of position to where it should be and other waypoints on the LIZZI STAR are not in the database?Haven't tried 0608 yet.Thanks for any help

Guest bowingic

Hi again TerryI figured out how to do question 3....just change file name from xml to apt and view in Procio.Checking this for YMML and YSSY it is evident that your DAFIF dat does not include all SIDS and STARS so this in part answers Question 2 for me.Thanks Again

Guest stang

Hi Ian>Question 1. If I find a waypoint in the AIRAC that appears to be in the wrong location...who should I query this with...Stefan at Navdata or yourself?See my answer to your last question below.>Question 2. Are your procedures files (SIDS and STARS) all current with the associated AIRAC files?...updated to reflect the latest changes in SIDs and STARS?The procedures I provide are all the current cycle. As long as the cycle number of Richard's and mine are the same then we are in sync. I believe we both get our main data from the same source, the DAFIF.>Question 3. Is it possible to use any sort of utility to look at an XML file (have in mind the LDS767 xml airport files)and determine which SIDS and STARS are provided? When there was a single procedure file for LDS 767 I used to use Procio to check this for any airport.XML files can be opened by any editor as they are ascii or text files.>My particular query with regard Question 1 relates to LDS767...when using 0607 Navdata AIRAC file I find that for example the LIZZI waypoint near YMML seems to be way out of position to where it should be and other waypoints on the LIZZI STAR are not in the database?The waypoints used by my procedures rely on Richard's AIRAC data for their location. In general the waypoints in the xml procedure files are only a name. That name is translated into a lat/long taken from Richard's data.RegardsTerry