Sign in to follow this  
Delta MD-88

Procedures Causing CTD in FS For ALL Planes

Hello All!First off let me thank Terry for all of his hard work and dedication he has put into this community, and furthing the realism of flight sim.I currently have a small dilemma on my hands. I own the Wilco CRJ-200/700/900, the PSS 757, the PMDG 737, and the Maddog 2006. All of these aircraft are experiencing a CTD due to the FMS or CDU. The problem is triggered by different things based on the type of aircraft. On the Wilco CRJ it's the DEP/ARR page key. On the PSS 757 it's the CRZ ALT or Cost Index boxes. Or it could be just the intialization of the IRS itself to cause it to lock up. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall all of the aircraft mentioned above, and this problem still occurs. I have also gone into the NavData folders and deleted the files and still nothing works. This problem started with cycle 0708 and 0709 obviously did not correct the problem. I just need someone to help me, so any thoughts would be appreciated.Thanks in advance,Christian Turner

Guest staang

Hi Christian,I have only received two reports of CTD from the CRJ from previous cycles but the 0709 cycle seemed to be OK again. At least I was told so and my CRJ operated just fine. Usually if it is a terminal procedures problem it manifests itself either upon entering the airport ICAO or when selecting a SID or STAR. The CRZ ALT or Cost Index would seem to rule out that it is a terminal procedures problem so I would suggest writing the PSS people. Initializing the IRS also does not involved the procedures so if that one is for the PMDG aircraft then I'd write them. This leaves the CRJ.So, some questions to see if I can recreate problem. 1. Running FS4 or FSX?2. Which model of the CRJ?3. At what step did the CTD occur and was there any error message prior to or during it?4. What were the departure and destination airports?5. What SID and STAR was selected?6. Do you have other terminal procedures installed or use the AIO file from navdata.at? 7. Are all your 3rd party aircraft experiencing problems by any chance? If so there is a slim chance it might be your flight sim.ThanksTerry

Here are some awnsers to your questions:1. FS42. CRJ-200/700/ and 9003. When I selected the DEP/ARR button on the CDU, when I installed 0709 it tells me ND Failure on the FMS. 4. KDCA-KBTR5. No SID or STAR selected, just trying to select a departure runway.6. No7. Yes, so maybe?

Guest staang

Hi againOK, I loaded up my CRJ-900. I put in KDCA to KBTR and clicked the DEP/ARR button and had no problem. Runways showed up and I was able to select one. I put in a different arrival airport that had STARs and they came up also. I am beginning to thing you might have a problem with your FS04 since all your 3rd party planes are having problems. So, sorry, I was not able to duplicate your problem so I am unable to proceed. If I were in your place I would consider reloading FS04 and hope that would fix the problem...RegardsTerry

Okay, I'll try reloading FS2004. I just thought it was weird that this was happening, and since it started right after I loaded cycle 0708 I thought that might be the problem. Oh well, I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for all the help!

Guest staang

>I just thought it was weird>that this was happening, and since it started right after I>loaded cycle 0708 I thought that might be the problem.I agree but with my data I have to believe that if there is a problem on one aircraft it should affect all. Since I could not recreate the problem I am forced to look at other solutions.Good luck.RegardsTerry