Sign in to follow this  
Guest staang

NFD Terminal Procedures ready for download

Hi all.I've finally got the 0711 terminal procedures up on my site. Thanks to the donations of a few people I was able to get the FAA NFD data subscription for a year. I apologize for missing the 0711 cycle due date but I had a lot of programming to do. The NFD uses 5 more leg types than the USFIF did so I not only had to write and debug an NFD conversion program but I had to update and debug 10 more programs that actually turn the master data into the various formats of your aircraft. Use these procedures as a beta run. You might find errors or weird courses caused by the new leg types. Please report these to me so I can hopefully fix them.The NFD has one big flaw though. It does not contain any ILS procedures. It has GPS and RNAV but no ILS. The read me file says it will have them but does not give a time frame. Until then I decided to include the ILS procedures from the 0710 cycle. Fortunately IAPs do not change very often so they should be good for a long time. I will make manual updates to the ILS IAPs but I can't monitor several thousand airports. Therefore I am asking all of you to write me if you know of an ILS IAP procedure that has or will be changing. Don't forget to include a copy of your source document.Again, thanks to those that donated. You saved the service for all to use.RegardsTerry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!