Sign in to follow this  

POST DELETED?!! FSD @ Flightsim.com

I posted yesterday about a program available at Flightsim.com and it seems to have disappeared!Was this intentionaly done by the Avsim staff?Please respond!Tony in Miami

I think some people working with AVSIM make posts disapear, and mess them up so some replies to posts never showPaul MeyerMorris C09

Guest Edam

>I think some people working with AVSIM make posts disapear, >and mess them up so some replies to posts never show Hmm...so what's your take on the Kennedy assassination? Government conspiracy, or did Oswald act alone?

Guest Matt Johnson

Your conspiracy theory is way off. Go read the Forum Help forum, particularly Dan Port's "wacky" thread.

"I think some people working with AVSIM make posts disapear, and mess them up so some replies to posts never show"That would fall into the "it's their forum, and their right to moderate it" rule. I didn't read the thread in question, but I know that Steve had been delivering his files on a request only basis. Perhaps it's possible someone posted them, and Steve asked the FS sites to remove the files and/or posts related to them. I'm only guessing. Many other reasons that threads can be yanked, none having anything to do with the original intent of the thread author. It happens, but my experience is that most threads staying reasonably civil stay, unless they contain a civil discussion or solicitation of pirated files.As far as messing posts up---come on! Haven't you got anything better to speculate on? :)

"Was this intentionaly done by the Avsim staff?"Yes it was... after the system corrupted it and it was unreadable.

"I think some people working with AVSIM make posts disapear, and mess them up so some replies to posts never show"You can believe what you want. You are welcome to go elsewhere anytime you choose.

Guest Edam

>That would fall into the "it's their forum, and their right >to moderate it" rule. I didn't read the thread in question, >but I know that Steve had been delivering his files on a >request only basis. Perhaps it's possible someone posted >them, and Steve asked the FS sites to remove the files >and/or posts related to them. I'm only guessing. Many >other reasons that threads can be yanked, none having >anything to do with the original intent of the thread >author. It happens, but my experience is that most threads >staying reasonably civil stay, unless they contain a civil >discussion or solicitation of pirated files. John,The reference might have been related to this thread.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DC...ID10/36453.htmlPrepare to be outraged due to some of the responses.

Thanks, Tom.Glad to hear it was just a software problem!Tony in Miami

I wasn't complaining about stuff being messed up and some posts disapearing. I was just stating that fact that it does happen. I've read posts where some replies disapear a few hours later, or they entire post was deleted because someone withing AVSIM felt it was inappropriate. (EDIT that I am making, which is an add to my post) Most posts that are removed are removed without a public reason being given. AVSIM can do whatever it wants. I also NEVER said that AVSIM shouldn't be able to do whatever they want with their own forums(censoring posts that are inappropriate, etc.)My post did seem a little negative, and I am sorry for that, and the post after mine about Kennedy made my original post look a lot worse than it really was.Tom, I've been surfing the AVSIM website for about 3+ years now, and I don't think theres anyplace better to go because AVSIM is the pinnacle place where people go to read news, download planes, post news, and surf these forums. I am sorry if I offended you. If you really want to banish me from the AVSIM website, which it seems from your post, then so be it. (I edited the word pinnacle, cuz i misspelled it the first time)Paul MeyerMorris C09

Edam, I think a police officer, or someone dressed as a police officer killed JFK. I forget the exact name for the theory.Paul MeyerMorris C09

>Edam, >>I think a police officer, or someone dressed as a police >officer killed JFK. I forget the exact name for the theory. >>>Paul Meyer >Morris C09 It's called the "Badgeman Theory" There was a picture taken by a US Navy officer who was on leave at the time in Dallas and was standing on the east side of the street. He snapped the pic as JFK's limo went by and in the picture is a white male in a police officers uniform holding a rifle in the firing position with a muzzle flash going off. Badgeman was positioned left of the grassy knole memorial behind a chest high fence. The fence is still there, I was in Dallas a few years ago and took a walk around the area."I'm just a patsy!" - Lee Harvey Oswald