Sign in to follow this  

NEW FS - Clouds/ LAGO Terramesh 2002?

Hi allI'm wondering if it's still worth myself buying the Lago product Terramesh 2002 for my FS2002 (hoping it can be upgraded to the NEW FS) which consists of very detailed mesh for the whole of Europe?I'm not too sure whether this new version of FS will have mesh at the level of detail of this product. Can someone please shine some light on the matter?Also ... Does anyone know if within this new upcoming version of FS the "flat" clouds are completely gone?I'm also hoping that the clouds will turn into a mist as you fly through them instead of meeting a great wall :)ThanksWill :-wave

As to your first question, the press release states that scenery created according to the SDK should work just fine.Mesh is just about the simplest form of scenery there is.Traditionally, default mesh outside the USA has been about 1/3 the resolution of the US mesh (1000 meters vs 300 in the US).Lago Terramesh is 30m mesh (approximately) so taking the same scale the entire US would have to be rendered with 10m mesh in FS ACF.That is highly unlikely if they still want decent performance on average systems (I rather think they're sticking with the same mesh resolution as in FS2002 with more high detail spot areas).That's of course extrapolation on historic data and might not be valid but it's the best anyone with no NDA can do at this time.Your second question is answered in Mauri's preview report.Full volumetric clouds are now included. Whether those will be fuzzy around the edges remains to be seen but I would think so.

JeroenThanks for that information. I think i will still buy this Terramesh scenery, and hopefully it should work like a charm in the new FS - bringing extra detail to what will be a stunning program.Cheers