Sign in to follow this  

Around the World race against flightsim.com!!!!!

About this time last year (I think), there was an Around the World challenge on this forum. All who participated had a great time. This year, I thought that we could do that sort of thing again, except this time with a twist.As most of you have realized by now, I'm not a regular poster on this forum. I belong to the one over on flightsim.com. The idea is this:We want to challenge you all to a race around the world, in flight simulator.There will be more on rules later, but the basic gist is this:At a designated time, the race would begin. We would pick a starting airport (under consideration right now are KBOS and TNCM) where both forums would be required to start from. At each forum, a member would make a posting stating that "He has the baton", and saying where he intends to fly to. Immediately upon the conclusion of the flight, he would take a screenshot with the GPS window open so that we could see his flight path to authenticate the flight. Any posting without a screenshot would be declared null and void and the next flight would have to start where the last authenticated flight left off. After this post was put up, another would be made by a different member, again stating that he has the baton and saying where he intends to go. This cycle would continue until the starting airport is reached again. The first forum to come up with the final post showing the GPS screenshot of the return flight to the destination is the winner.This post is just to see if there is any interest, and if the moderators will allow it. So:Consider this like a sign-up. Post here if you would possibly fly a leg. If we get enough posts we'll get back to you and start the race very soon. Right now I'd like to see at least 5-10 people interested in flying this before I start the race.Thanks guys-Matt Smith

Well, we've got enough views, if not actual replies, so we're going to go ahead with this. Expect a post with the rules and the start time at some point tomorrow morning. Start time is right now slated for 12:00 PM Eastern tomorrow, but that could change.Regards