Sign in to follow this  
Guest simpilot

blocky water

Guest simpilot

I thought I had the blocky water textures figured out with my old GF2 card however with the upgrade of a new card (GF4 Ti4200) I am unable to get rid of blocky water textures . It will be clear for a minute then big squares, hour glasses, etc.Anyone have any ideas?Cheers!

Has less to do with your video cards frame buffer being full and is more of a result of the machine trying to keep up with the demands that FS creates.Either turn some sliders down like mesh terrain detail, cloud detail etc. or upgrade the computing power, its the only way.

Guest simpilot

Thanks for the reply Valkyrie!I would tend to agree with you on the fact that FS2K2 is CPU intensive however in this particular case, I also upggraded my system internals including the CPU which is now a XP1800 (O'clocked to XP2200) and Mobo. As I mentioned, I had the same problem before with my Athlon 950 and GF2MX however was able to resolve it but, I don't quite remember how. Does anyone else have the "patchwork quilt" problem with their water textures? If so can you enlighten me as to the steps required to resolve.Cheers!